
Lots of crazy people in the Alpes! We both saw paragliders today and also people practicing cross-country skiing with roller blades. Today, Rick climbed the highest col in all of Europe, Col d'Iseran. The road over that pass is not for wimps. April, you would hate it! Ricky had a shorter day today and finished around three, in Susa, Italy. He rested up a bit, we talked to the owner of a really poor bike shop for a while and got some tools from a hardware store and then he re-suited up for a run at Col delle Finestre, to shorten what he has for tomorrow. Somehow, this is not as well spaced out as he thought so tomorrow was looking like impossible. We know the last day is really short, so if all else fails we can do some shuttle work and he can respace it. Tomorrow, for example, I'll drop him back off wherever he gets to tonight for his morning start. Well, I'm in Italy and sitting here at the computer so I'm going hunting for some pasta for dinner tonight!
1 comment:
THANK YOU BARBARA. I am so proud of both of you. I had trouble sending my first post. Just in case here I go again. It sounds as if you have control of all the downs. I miss you guys and can't begin to tell you how happy I am because the two of you are doing your thing at this time of of life, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Love,Jean
Post a Comment