Monday, August 16, 2010

The Miglia Begins!

The boys got their stuff together and rode over to the start this evening. I took a taxi with their drop bags and met them there. In Nerviano where the ride starts, we met up with Mark Roberts and his family and a few other riders we had crossed paths with before. Wolfgang from the Cascade 1200 was there, Rick went looking for a good tire pump and ran into a Frenchman who was very excited to see his Seattle jersey as he had ridden with Bob Brudvik in the 2007 PBP. There was plenty of time for milling around, listening to speeches and eating a pasta dinner. Then the riders lined up and, the officials inspected lights and sent them off in groups of about 30 each. Rick, Bob, Jan Erik and Mark were all in the fourth group I think. They seemed as ready as they could be and the weather was perfect. If you've lost Rick's SPOT page, see the older post that LeeAnne set up that has the link in it. I think it's called see spot run???


Mark's family gave me a ride back to my Holiday Inn and now I'm getting a few things organized, and must get packed for my adventure tomorrow. Hopefully I will be in Venice by the time you wake up tomorrow!

No comments: