Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pics!

After getting a tour of Italy courtesy of Trenitalia and my meager Italian for only 1.90 euros I managed to get back to the hotel just in time to check in and totally confuse the desk clerk by giving Jan Erik a key to my room followed a couple of hours later by Bob Brudvik and then of course, Rick! I spent the night hanging out in the upstairs lounge trying not to disturb the very tired guys. They all finished in plenty of time and were able to catch a few hours sleep, have breakfast and get back to the finish line to cheer in the last of the riders. All agreed it was a tough, but beautiful ride. I got tired of hearing about how great Cinque Terre was, though....!

Here are a few pics, but, as usual, having some technical issues with the order and they don't want to move around, so here they are as they landed.




Above, view of Piazza San Marco from the Campanille


Shadow of the Campanille over the Doge's Palace. The tip of the shadow is about where I turned in a block off the water front for my second hotel. My window overlooked the plaza in front of the white faced church there.

View of Venice from the Campanille. Hearing the bells ring while inside the bell tower was AWESOME!!



A gondola passes under one of the something like 400 bridges. I probably only crossed fifty or so of them!






Moots Meet (pre-ride.) I'll figure out this guy's name eventually and add it here, but for now, from Sweden. He loves his Moots!


Got bananas, big wedge of cheese, road book... andiamo!!

Yes, I really went to Venice!



Like I said, quaintness everywhere..

See you all soon!












No comments: