September 1 here in Italy. Yesterday Rick finally went for a “real” ride around the loop he had drawn up the other day. This included the passes of Gardena, Campolongo, Pordoi, and Sella. For those of you watching SPOT, sorry, I made him take it on a short ride the other day when I didn’t know where he was going, and he forgot to turn it off so batteries were dead the morning he set off on this ride. New ones will be going in today. He had a great ride (about 80 k in less than 5 hours, including lunch and photo stops!) Yes, Ricky really took pics!
I took off about the same time for a gondola ride up the ridge opposite our hotel and a hike around the area on the other side. Unfortunately, I hadn’t quite figured out the trail marking system so ended up taking a trail that dumped me out on a road after a few k so the rest of my “hike” was really walking along a country road. Nice enough, but not what I had in mind. I finally found the trail back down the ridge down to our town and took that. It was more like the hiking I’m used to and was very pretty...and downhill!
Added more pics to the Il Dolomiti album at link below.
By the way, we learned today (from a nice restauranteur whose family has been here in this region for 800 years) that Tubla is a barn. We are quite happy in our Gran Barn.
No comments:
Post a Comment